Read Time:1 Minute, 3 Second
- At 3.43 meters the Fan diameter of the engine is almost equal to the max. Cabin width of a Boeing 737.
- For their unique shape, the fan blades of GE90-115B have found a spot at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.
- A single GE90-115b produces the same amount of thrust as all the four engines in an A340-300.
- With an In-Flight Shutdown Rate of 1 per million flight hours, you are ten times more likely to get struck by lightning.
- At 115,000 pounds (513kN) the thrust produced by a single fan blade is three times the empty weight of Cessna-172.
- It holds the world record for world’s longest flight by a commercial airliner, flying 21,600 Km in 22 hours, 42 minutes from Hong Kong to London via the Pacific and continental America.
- The GE90-115B is powerful enough to operate GE’s Boeing-747 on its power.
- It burns more than 230 liters of fuel every minute during takeoff.
- Since its introduction in 1995, the GE90 family has accumulated more than 50,000,000 flight hour or 5,700 YEARS in air.
- It also holds the record for longest single engine flight (ETOPS) at 5 hours 50 minutes.
One thought on “Top 10 Facts about the Worlds Largest Turbofan Engine, The GE90-115B”
interesting ones!! Keep posting such 🙂